Map It! Girls Changing the World
Map It! is an interactive map that shows how Girl Scouts all over are changing the world! Whether it’s Gold Awards, Silver Awards, Bronze Awards, Forever Green, or Journey Take Action projects, browse what girls are doing to get inspiration and share your story with us! It’s a great way to get inspiration for your Girl Scout year or just see what other girls are doing to change the world!
Map It! features Take Action projects, not service projects. Please make sure your project includes the elements of a Take Action project outlined below.
Before posting, all projects are reviewed to ensure that they meet the requirements associated with each award.
Service vs. Action: What’s the Difference?
Girl Scouts often do both community service and Take Action and higher awards projects. Both kinds of projects help communities in different ways. What’s the difference?
Direct and immediate service changes something right now. Longer-lasting action gets at the root cause of issues.
Community service makes the world better for some people “right now.” For example, collecting cans of food for the local food pantry feeds people “right now.” Gathering toys for a homeless family shelter makes kids happy “right now.” Providing clothing and toiletries to people who have suffered a disaster helps them get through a traumatic event “right now.” These acts of kindness are important ways to help some people—right now.
Take Action projects, along with the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards, address the root cause of an issue, and come up with sustainable, longer-lasting solutions. These projects strive to make the world a better place for more people for a much longer time. Sometimes, service and action just naturally blend together into one sustainable effort. As a Girl Scout, you use both service and action to live out the Girl Scout Law and “make the world a better place!”
- Girls Connect with Sports Online
- Earth Quiz
- What Kind of Conservationist Are You?
- Draw a Bully
- Girl Scouts Photo Wall
- Sports Style Personality Quiz
- Sports & Fitness Matching Game
- Leaves and Seeds Matching Game
- Printable: Around the Town
- The Girl Scout Recipe Collection
- Girl Voices: Brianna on Bullying
- Girl Voices: Jamila on Bullying
- Girl Voices: Sri on Bullying
- Girl Voices: Zoë on Bullying
- Girl Voices: Nicole on Bullying
- Girl Voices: Addison on Bullying
- Print & Play: Tree Safari Game
- North by North…Best!
- Flower Census
- Are You Ready to Camp Overnight?
- Do You Like to Be in the Spotlight or Behind the Scenes?
- Paw Print Matching Game
- Science of Happiness Quiz
- Earth Day Energy Matching Game
- PSA Winners: Troop 79680 of Roxbury, Massachusetts
- PSA Winners: Troop 138 of Henderson, Nevada
- Success Story: New Jersey Girl Scouts Get Moving!
- Diversión Con Una Finalidad Para Las Niñas: 3 Procesos Para Los Voluntarios De Girl Scouts
- Success Story: A Green Mansion for Girl Scouts
- Success Story: “The Future Is So Bright, It Makes Us Want to Dance!”
- Success Story: Brownies Get “Concrete” Results
- Success Story: A Troop Inspires a School
- Success Story: A Day in the Park With Mississippi Brownies
- Success Story: Bilingual Brownies and Juniors of Indianapolis
- How Well Do You Know Your Girl Scout History?
- Are You a Peacemaker?
- El Programa de Galletas Girl Scouts: ¡Lo que los adultos necesitan saber!
- Success Story: Hareem and Amanda
- Storytellers: Alicia Thompson
- BFF: Be a Friend First
- Storytellers: Grace Lin
- Bullying: Can You Recognize It?
- Kindness Travels
- Online Etiquette: How Much Do You Know?
- 3 Processes for Girl Scout Volunteers
- Do It Yourself — Flip the Script
- Test Your Bullying IQ
- Girls Talk About Bullying
- What Grown-Ups Need to Know About Selling Girl Scout Cookies
- Do It Yourself — Create a Mural
- Do It Yourself — Diversifying Beauty
- Storytellers: Mitali Perkins
- Disaster Recovery: How Girl Scouts Can Help
- Print & Play — Girls Are Supposed to Be…
- Print & Play — Design the Future: The Computer
- Girl Scouts at the 2012 Texas State Fair
- Print & Play — Design the Future: The Music Player
- Print & Play — Design the Future: The Phone
- Print & Play — Scene Spinner
- Storytellers: Sue Macy
- Animal Pattern Matching Game
- Storytellers: Karen Pillsworth
- Create a Kaleidoscope
- International Night at the Girls’ World Forum in Chicago
- Do It Yourself — Dragonfly Kite
- Printable – Inspiring Women Everywhere!
- Print & Play – Character Cards
- FIRST Robotics Competition in St. Louis
- Storytellers: Shirin Yim Bridges
- Design Your Eco Dream House
- Girl Scouts Lets You “Be the Director”
- Make Your Own Badge
- Badge Explorer
- The Studio
- Make a Flip Book
- Storytellers: Sister Carol Perry
- How to Make a PSA
- Storytellers: Geri Keams
- Girl Scouts at Lake Rickabear
- Catching Frogs at Camp
- Storytellers: Sue Monk Kidd
- Storytellers: Major Tammy Duckworth
- Girl Scouts Speak Out!
- Be the Director
- Wildlife Ecard
- Direct the Video
- My Planet
- Media Quiz
- Exercise Quiz